Give Us Wings is seeking two to four new Board members.
Deadline is September 30, 2018
Give Us Wings International is a nonprofit organization with offices in St. Paul, MN and Tororo, Uganda. Give Us Wings partners with people in East Africa as they work to transform their lives. We offer financial and educational support that helps them improve their access to quality health care, education and economic opportunities. We have been working in Kenya and Uganda since 1999.
Give Us Wings International Board members are stewards of our mission and resources. They play an active role in defining and reviewing our mission. Board members set policy and ensure that the organization has adequate resources to carry out its mission. The Board provides direct oversight and direction to the Executive Director and to the organization. It also oversees and collaborates with the Board of Directors of Give Us Wings Uganda which manages our programs in Uganda.
Give Us Wings welcomes Board candidates with a broad range of knowledge and skills.
We are particularly interested in candidates with the following experience and expertise:
- Prior nonprofit board experience
- Experience living and/or working in East Africa
- Legal experience
Expectations for Board Members:
- To regularly attend Board and Committee meetings
- To understand the mission and history of the organization
- To be prepared for Board meetings and actively participate in discussions
- To actively promote the success of Give Us Wings through volunteering your time, participating in fundraising activities, recruiting volunteers, donors and other Board members
- To contribute a financial or in-kind gift to the organization on an annual basis at a level reflective of personal means
- To attend our two main fundraising events, one in the spring and one in the fall and to attend as many of our other fundraising events as possible throughout the year
Board terms are one year and we request that you make a commitment to be a Board member for at least two years. Board service requires about 5 to 8 hours per month. Board meetings are held from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm on the third Monday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September, and November) as well as special and committee meetings as needed.
Give Us Wings is committed to deepening the diversity of our Board members. We strongly encourage, women, people of color and LGBTQ people to apply. We are seeking 2 to 4 new Board members at this time. Application Deadline is September 30, 2018
How to Apply:
Please fill out this application form and then send an email to email@example.com with the title “Give Us Wings Board Application”, with your resume (if available) attached.